Quantcast

Building your own chuck box

GPER
Administrator

Re: Building your own chuck box

GPER
Administrator
http://www.camping-tips.com/

It isn't the miles you cover, but the scenery you enjoy along the way.

Re: Building your own chuck box

GPER
Administrator
I did find the grease bomb

It isn't the miles you cover, but the scenery you enjoy along the way.

Re: Building your own chuck box

stanger351
My friend Terry built 6 or 7 of something like those for our Boy Scout Troop and Venture Crew.  Some minor differences.  His has insert-able rectangular stock legs, and both the front and back hinge open, with a divider in the center.  This gives you a nice spot to store your propane stove as well as other larger chuck accessories in the back, plus extra prep work area.  I'll see if I can snap some pictures of his design soon.  Its really nice, all tig welded aluminum.  Still quite a chunk to try and handle alone.  Best done by two people.  The legs store underneath when in transit mode.
'02 TJ 2.5l 5-speed, "Red"
'98 XJ 4.0l Auto, "Black Dog"
'95 XJ 4.0l Auto, "Slimer"

Re: Building your own chuck box

GPER
Administrator
That does sound nice Jay, but weight is the problem I have now so I was thinking of a wooden one. I do like the double door idea.

I finally found  the plans for these

It isn't the miles you cover, but the scenery you enjoy along the way.

Re: Building your own chuck box

stanger351
I got cha.  Yes, I didn't see that most of it was plywood.  Ours have fixed tops and both sides come all the way down.  It also gives an advantage because the shelves are only half as deep (which means its easier to get to stuff at the back).  Plus, then you can put stuff on top as well; usually condiments, paper towels and such end up on top, when its deployed.  Let me see if I can scrounge up some pictures.  I don't think they are going camping for a while, so the stuff probably won't get pulled out of the trailer soon.
'02 TJ 2.5l 5-speed, "Red"
'98 XJ 4.0l Auto, "Black Dog"
'95 XJ 4.0l Auto, "Slimer"

Re: Building your own chuck box

stanger351
Troop 311 Chuck Box
'02 TJ 2.5l 5-speed, "Red"
'98 XJ 4.0l Auto, "Black Dog"
'95 XJ 4.0l Auto, "Slimer"

Re: Building your own chuck box

GPER
Administrator
WOW, that is nice, big, but nice, I like the double doors.

It isn't the miles you cover, but the scenery you enjoy along the way.